Programs & Pipeline
The focus of Exodos Life Sciences in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is “New Therapeutic Entity” (NTE) development for the treatment of pain by topically delivered medications – new drug products of previously approved molecules using novel formulations for new indications. The opportunity exists for both RxList (online medical resource of US prescription medications providing full prescribing information and patient education) and over-the-counter (OTC) products.
Our currently active drug development programs include:
- Acute migraine treatment, the lead pain program (TopofenTM, ELS-M11), currently in Phase IIa trials in the US.
- Additional indications currently under investigation
- Peripheral neuropathic pain (diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN), chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN), post-herpetic neuropathy (PHN), reflex sympathetic dystrophy/RSD, allodynia)
- Peripheral joint pain (osteoarthritis, TMJ)
- Topical antivirals and antibiotics
- Antifungals for onychomycosis and dermatological conditions
- Topical treatment for Raynaud’s phenomenon and peripheral vascular diseases